vibe.d 0.7.9 released

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Nov 2 15:21:41 PDT 2012

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 18:28:55 +0100
Faux Amis <faux at amis.com> wrote:

> On 02/11/2012 00:14, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> >
> > If you're not scared off of node.js yet, read this:
> > https://semitwist.com/mirror/node-js-is-cancer.html  (The original
> > link is dead, so I have it mirrored there, minus the CSS so it looks
> > ugly, sorry.)
>
> I actually read that website when I tried out node.js. I thought
> vibe.d would suffer the same locking behaviour.

It can if you're not careful, Ted is right about that. However, IMO it's
less of an issue with Vibe.d because using its I/O will automatically
yield to other requests running in their own fibers. Plus D code just
simply executes much faster than JS, even if it is V8 JS.

Also, the "event loop with built in HTTP server" approach *can* also
make it easier to write fast servers because unlike CGI-style it's a
lot easier to cache stuff in memory.