[OT] Clang seems to implement modules

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Tue Nov 20 14:32:47 PST 2012

Am 20.11.2012 21:57, schrieb Walter Bright:

> Since people already use precompiled headers with C++, I don't think
> this change has much chance of making it compile faster.

Is it really so?

I would expect that with proper modules C++ compilers could achieve
compile times similar to what other module based languages offer.
Specially if templates are also stored in a module friendly format.

But then again I lack enough compiler development experience to be able
to judge that.

Assuming you're right, then C++ is really a lost cause, and the current
trend of standards might follow what happened to Extended ISO Pascal,
which vendors ignored in favour of Turbo Pascal as the defacto standard.

--
Paulo