Progress on DGE

Manipulator volcz at kth.se
Thu Oct 18 14:27:32 PDT 2012

On Monday, 15 October 2012 at 20:50:09 UTC, BLM768 wrote:
> I haven't posted a progress update on my game engine project,
> DGE, for a while. I've managed to find the source of a major
> bug that was holding back development, and I've been making
> sporadic improvements ever since. It's still very incomplete
> and a bit buggy, but at least it draws stuff now. :)
>
> One of the more interesting developments is an expansion of the
> collision detection system. Barring any serious flaws in my
> code, I think I'm about 3/4 of the way to having a working
> capsule-capsule sweep test, which, as far as I've seen, has
> been implemented only one or two times before. Of course, with
> my knowledge of physics, something's probably wrong, but I
> haven't noticed any major issues in recent trials (except,
> obviously, for cases that I haven't implemented). It still
> needs a good broadphase system, but I haven't figured out what
> I want to do on that front...
>
> Anyway, if anyone wants to take a look at the current state of
> the code, it's at http://sourceforge.net/p/d-game-engine. I'll
> probably move it to Github at some point, but I haven't gotten
> around to it.
>
> Also, if anyone has suggestions, enhancement requests, patches,
> etc., I'd be glad to hear them. I'm still not completely sure
> how to design the multi-pass rendering facilities, so
> suggestions in that area would be especially helpful.

I think your engine is very interesting! I'm myself working on a
game framework for D (with some kind of engine built in). Would
it be okey to port your code to my framework?
It's been a while since I pushed to my public repo but you can
maybe get an idea what I'm working on:
https://github.com/Manipulator/New-World-Framework