Abstract Database Interface

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:42:36 PDT 2012

> My point was just that you removed the key features and soul of
> ActiveRecord. Without these features it's just like any other
> ORM library.

That's a good point. I haven't had any experience with other ORM
libraries, so ActiveRecord was the closest thing that came to
mind.

I definitely do want to eventually capture some of ActiveRecord's
features, but probably not all of them. I feel like the solution
should be implemented in a way that fits well with a statically
typed language, so I'll definitely have to drop some of the
features. It won't be quite as nice to use, but it will be
simpler in dome ways, which is one of my primary goals as a
developer. Tools like ActiveRecord are more fun to use, but
thinking of all the hash table lookups makes me cringe. :)

If and when the library matures, though, I might think about
adding some more ActiveRecord-like features if enough people miss
them.