Remus

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Tue Oct 30 00:25:13 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 30 October 2012 at 06:34:26 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> Yes, but I need input. Tell me some ideas and I'll try to
> implement them. So you could just test new features in the real
> world, instead of just talking about them theoretically.
> And it is not 'waste of time'. Me and my fellow students use D
> as early as the second Semester for almost all university
> projects. But as '(pre) compiler' we use Remus just because we
> miss some features, such as not-null references, since the
> first week. And it's a damn good exercise to understand, how a
> compiler works. :)

I can see the value in testing ideas out in practice. I cannot
see C++ style namespaces being all that useful given that there
are much better alternatives already available, non-nullable
references and AST macros would be very nice to try out. Wish we
had these features in the real D right now.

--rt