Another go at the Next Big Language

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Sep 3 07:36:37 PDT 2012

Michal Minich:

> http://dave.cheney.net/2012/09/03/another-go-at-the-next-big-language
>
> Hacker news discussion
> http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4468731
>
> Reddit
> http://www.reddit.com/r/golang/comments/z9ltl/another_go_at_the_next_big_language/

An interesting quotation from the various threads:

>The nbl doesn't exist yet. It has to make the mediocre corporate
>developer much more productive as java did over c++. Nothing can
>do that as of now. There are several technically superior
>languages compared to java but that isn't what is needed to be
>the nbl.<

Another quotation:

>The next big language [...] it'll be something that builds
>profiling and unit testing and better source control support
>right into the language, compiler, and tools.<

That's interesting, but how do you add some source control
support in a language? I remember only things like #region
#endregion of C# that are for the IDE:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/it-it/library/9a1ybwek%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

Bye,
bearophile