GC vs. Manual Memory Management Real World Comparison

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Wed Sep 5 05:07:45 PDT 2012

Am 05.09.2012 14:00, schrieb Alex Rønne Petersen:

> Sure, I just want to point out that it's a problem with the language (GC
> allocations being very non-obvious) as opposed to the nature of GC.

Thats exactly what I want to cause with this post. More effort should be
put into the parts of D that currently allocate, but absolutley don't
have to. Also the statement "You can use D without a GC" is not quite as
easy as the homepage makes it sound.

My favorite hidden allocation so far is:

class A {}
class B : A{}

A a = new A();
B b = new B();