Review of Andrei's std.benchmark

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Mon Sep 17 14:20:29 PDT 2012

Hi,

it's my pleasure to announce the begin of the formal review of Andrei's
std.benchmark. The review will start today and end in two weeks, on 1st
of October. The review is followed by a week of voting which ends on 8th
of October.

Quoting Andrei from his request for formal review:
"I reworked the benchmarking framework for backward compatibility,
flexibility, and convenience.

There are a few enhancement possibilities (such as tracking
system/user time separately etc), but there is value in keeping things
simple and convenient. Right now it really takes only one line of code
and observing a simple naming convention to hook a module into the
benchmarking framework."

Code: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/794
Docs: http://dlang.org/phobos-prerelease/std_benchmark.html

If std.benchmark is accepted it will likely lead to a deprecation of
std.datetime's benchmark facilities.

Please see the review thread at digitalmars.D for more information. All
reviewing is done in that review thread.
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.73.1347916419.5162.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com

Jens