Slides from LASER 2012

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Sep 20 05:57:45 PDT 2012

I've had the honor of rubbing shoulders for a week at
http://laser.inf.ethz.ch/2012/ with Roberto Ierusalimschy, Ivar
Jacobson, Erik Meijer, Bertrand Meyer, Martin Odersky, Simon
Peyton-Jones, and Guido van Rossum. It was awesome, and I got many good
tips on how to grow our community.

In particular, I've enjoyed a few good discussions with Simon and Martin
about D's approach to doing things. In particular, Martin has been quite
impressed with our approach to purity and immutability. We are
considering a collaboration with one of his students on a paper to
formalize the approach and possibly adapt it to Scala.

So, these are the slides I've used (though of course they don't tell
much of the story).

http://laser.inf.ethz.ch/2012/slides/Alexandrescu/2-D%20course%20parts%201%20and%202.pdf

Andrei