Slides from LASER 2012

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Sep 20 09:55:18 PDT 2012

Timon Gehr:

> Formalising it is not hard,

I am not sure of this, given the amount of special cases it
already has.

> The number of lines equals the Haskell example in this case.
> Interestingly, you have opened an enhancement request on this
> and then argued against it.

I am not against it, it's a nice syntax. But I think there are
more useful things to change/add, like syntax to destructure
tuples, that I need every 20 lines of code or so. When you put
out many suggestions, I think it's important to specify what you
think is more important and what's less important.

> There is no 'right' way.

So we don't agree even on what we have to agree :-)

And having multiple correct ways to do something is often bad :-(

Bye,
bearophile