Simple GEdit .lang & github color scheme

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 22:40:08 PDT 2012

deadalnix wrote:
> Sound nice. How can I use that on my computer ? What do I do
> with the files ?

You need to move the files into their 'gtksourceview-3.0'
folders. On Linux (and other OS's should be similar), do:

1. find or create the following user directories:
     ~/.local/share/gtksourceview-3.0/styles
     ~/.local/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs

2. Move the downloaded files into their respective folders,
'D.lang' to 'language-specs' and 'github.xml' to 'styles'. (Note,
the download already contains this hierarchy)

Alternatively (although I don't recommend it), you can move the
files to: /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/... (overwriting the
existing D.lang file) which will change it for all users.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any problems, or find
any highlighting bugs. Thanks.