DIL v2.000 release

Aziz K. aziz.koeksal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:58:31 PDT 2012

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:43:50 +0200, Andrei Alexandrescu
> This is very interesting. We could use some dogfooding of the compiler,
> not to mention using a better language.

Oh lawdy, I couldn't bear writing tons of code in C++. It conjures up
images of getting one's fingernails pulled with pliers. Now, I'm not one
to praise D to the skies, but it certainly is a wholly different
experience to write software in it.

> One question - do you see it possible to link some of the existing C++
> implementation with some of the D stuff? That would help migration.

Do you mean linking the code in through a binary interface? It may
certainly be possible, but the effort required to do this seems daunting.
The code structures are not very similar to begin with. However, porting
parts of dmdfe to D and integrating it with DIL appears to be more
feasible. And even that would be a huge task. :-/

Thanks for taking interest.