D 1.076 Alpha for Windows 64 bits, works with VS 2010

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 09:08:38 PDT 2012

On 9/29/12, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> On 2012-09-29 03:01, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> True, but I would never write code that tried to throw an exception
>> across language boundaries, anyway. It's just asking for trouble.
>
> If everything is working correctly and is compatible it shouldn't be any
> problems.

Also how are we supposed to control when a C++ library throws? We
could wrap every single function wrapper with a try/catch, but won't
this create a massive slowdown?

What needs to be taken into account is that D will inevitably be able
to link with many C++ libraries, some of which will have exceptions
turned on. We now have SWIG with good but limited support of C++
wrapping, dstep will probably get C++ support, and my own (unreleased)
dgen is a C++ wrapper generator too (it's starting to show signs of
life, so far 2 C++ libraries were successfully automatically wrapped,
pugixml and taglib).