HibernateD and DDBC - ORM and DB abstraction layer for D

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:02:02 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 6 April 2013 at 12:50:19 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Because people want standards. For example people want GUI for
> D, but most of the people agree that it would bad idea to
> create 10 different GUIs, and it's better have one official GUI.
>
> Look at .NET it's include most of things that developers need
> at real life. And it's one of reasons of it's popularity.

At the same time, it's good to have some competition and
alternative choices. For example, Ruby on Rails is the de facto
standard for Ruby Web applications, but there are alternatives
(and pretty decent ones at that). That's why I'm continuing to
work on my own ORM library, which should still have a niche in
SQLite-based applications because its API is designed to be
lightweight and lazy.