We have completed our GSoC 2013 application

Rory McGuire rjmcguire at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 11:13:39 PDT 2013

It is only different in that it is official, and there is a deadline.
It's good PR. When you hear "D summer of code" project you know there is at
least one person working hard on the project and that they definitely have
a mentor.

It would be on record that you were involved in DSoC 2013.

:) plus a group would get to approve or disapprove projects.

If you don't complete your project it is a lot worse than if it were just
an idea mentioned on a forum somewhere.

There really is something to it being official and having a deadline though.