Reviving BulletD -- again

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 13:18:25 PDT 2013

After re-analyzing the magnitude of the project in light of the
rather lukewarm response I've gotten so far, I think that I may
indeed have to move to a wrapper system. I'm currently weighing
my options:

extern(C++) interfaces: From what I understand, these are not
well-supported outside of DMD, so I think that's out.

A C layer: This seems like the most practical option. I'm
thinking about using pragma(msg) to generate C code directly from
the D sources and just redirect the output into C source files.
Hacky, but probably not too difficult to implement.

Using some sort of magic to directly work with the C++ mangling
and ABI: Probably the most difficult option, but it would be kind
of nifty and would get rid of the overhead of a C layer. Probably
not worth the effort right now, especially considering that it
would be heavily compiler-specific.