Reviving BulletD -- again

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 22:26:24 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 14 April 2013 at 21:38:49 UTC, Rob T wrote:
> Just a wild thought and probably not possible, but if there's a
> layer in Bullet that provides the core functionality and does
> not require classes, then you could create a C wrapper for it
> alone, then build the C++ layer up using D.
>
> --rt

There's been an effort to create a Bullet C API, but it's rather
limited at the moment, and I'm hoping to preserve as much of the
original OO interface as possible.

If I can automate the generation of bindings to a satisfactory
degree, expanding the bindings should be a very simple process,
so I could just write bindings for the core functionality and
have others expand the bindings as needed. That way, the bindings
only contain things that someone will actually use. I think that
I'll represent the C++ classes as structs that hold the actual
C++ objects as void arrays and contain stub methods that just
forward to the C layer. If I can figure out a way to do it, I'd
like to alias those stub methods directly to their C counterparts
so I can handle cases where inlining won't kick in.