std.process Accepted!

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 08:55:29 PDT 2013

The new std.process by Lars Kyllingstad and Steven Schveighoffer
has been accepted with a final count

18/0

On a related note, the voting broke of into several discussions
related to how to bring proposed libraries into Phobos.
Specifically the issue being that a Phobos module frozen to
prevent breaking changes yet these are new modules not getting
the most thorough testing before inclusion.

Several suggested solutions to this were made; exp/std.exp,
warning the module is exp when importing, and a combination of
both (place the module in exp without a warning, also place in
std publicly importing and placing a warning).

I'm not here to change how things are done. It didn't seem there
was a consensus, but the hybrid seemed to be fairly appealing.

For now I say we continue as before, and work toward this new
approach.

Voting thread:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mgstnugckomjpvdgpudz@forum.dlang.org