DUB 0.9.13 released

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Fri Apr 26 13:16:07 PDT 2013

Am 26.04.2013 21:37, schrieb alex:

> I want to inform you that Mono-D v0.5.2.4 can open Dub projects natively
> now - no need for creating .dproj files explicitly anymore, just opening
> package.json is required in order to have the project there.
> It also handles include paths in the most common cases.

Cool! I'll try that out tomorrow. Do you execute the "dub" binary to
generate a project file or do you parse the "package.json" directly? If
it helps, it would be relatively easy to add a mode where all build
settings for the project, including all of its dependencies, are output
to stdout as JSON.

> Btw, what about nested dependencies? How are they handled in dub? Are
> all sub-packages in the .dub folder read for further dependency
> information?

Yes, the ones in ".dub", in the system- and user-wide package folders,
as well as any package added with "dub add-local" are scanned for
matches recursively and their build settings are merged-in accordingly.

> Great work though!

Thanks, the same must be said about Mono-D! (which is a lot more
complex, of course)