glad OpenGL loader generator

David d at dav1d.de
Mon Aug 5 15:21:46 PDT 2013

Am 06.08.2013 00:17, schrieb Justin Whear:
> It looks like your D backend generates string literals with literal null
> bytes--this is unnecessary as string literals are already null
> terminated. (Documented here: http://dlang.org/interfaceToC.html (see
> final bullet under "Call­ing C Func­tions")

This is (was) on purpose.
I should probably change that now, since it will confuse people. I had
for a short time a mess in the generators and tried to use the D
generator to build for another language too, which required the explicit
\0 and .ptr

> Also, it looks like loading each extension requires scanning all
> available extension names, e.g. loading 25 extensions requires 25 linear
> scans of the extension list.  You might consider caching and sorting if
> the number of extensions requested is more than a handful.

I was thinking of that, too, but caching the OpenGL call to
glGetStringi, I don't think you can prevent the linear searches.