stop to maitain rpm

Moritz Maxeiner moritz at ucworks.org
Mon Aug 12 02:42:50 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 11 August 2013 at 17:15:52 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> What would be nice, however, is to have these D-specific tools
> such as DVM, dub, … available in the distro repositories,
> preconfigured to fit the customs of the given system. This way,
> users could just do "yum install dvm dub" (or whatever other
> tools) to get a fully working D environment.

I don't know how it is for other distros, but the newest dmd and
ldc version are available in the Archlinux's [community]
repository while gdc and dub are available in the AUR, meaning
you get a fully working D environment on Archlinux by doing
yaourt -S dmd dub
or
yaourt -S gdc dub
or
yaourt -S ldc dub
(you could use any pacman-wrapper other than yaourt, as well of
course)

So far there isn't a dvm package (for Arch) that I can see, but
if anyone where really interested he could do so, as the AUR
anyone who registers an account may create (and maintain) new
packages.

- Moritz