D reaches 1000 questions on stackoverflow

Andre Artus andre.artus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 14:59:15 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 at 21:03:37 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 at 20:56:33 UTC, Andre Artus wrote:
>> if questions go unanswered, or are answered after long delays,
>> then the likelihood of the person persisting with D is
>> diminished.
>
> Is this a big problem with D? I don't do stack overflow often,
> but I try to check in every few days to check the D tag, and I
> usually see answers there by the time I click it.

I don't think it is a big problem, 28 unanswered questions out of
just over a thousand isn't a terrible stat, but most of those
unanswered questions seem to have been there for months. About
1/2 of them have an answer, but are not marked as such. Often the
question isn't clear, or the answer is given as a comment.

I'm not saying that the D community is unresponsive, quite the
opposite is true, my main point was that one cannot dismiss the
value of discoverability.