DDT 0.7.0 released

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Aug 16 09:26:04 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 14:19 +0100, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
[…]
> If you add the update site for the new Eclipse release (for example
> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler for Kepler) to your current
> installation, and run the "Check for Updates" it should update Eclipse
> and retain all the extra plugins you have installed. (it should update
> all Eclipse projects that are part of the Kepler release, basically
> nearly all projects that hosted at Eclipse.org)

Having backed everything up (which means creating about 6 replicas for
me), I took the plunge and s/4.2/4.3/ && s/juno/kepler/ for all my
update sites and updated. It appears to have done the needful. Thanks
for this, it has saved many hours of swearing.

> It's a bit annoying that this isn't done automatically in some way, yes.
> And also annoying that the update site for new releases is not easily
> found on the Eclipse website either.

"Bit annoying" amounts to a mega-understatement :-)

Now I just have to remove all the jars that are no longer needed. Why
doesn't Eclipse "garbage collect it's local cache?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk