Arch Linux D news digest

Mike Wey mike-wey at example.com
Mon Aug 26 03:52:44 PDT 2013

On 08/25/2013 10:48 PM, Dicebot wrote:> On Sunday, 25 August 2013 at
20:33:49 UTC, Jordi Sayol wrote:
 >> What's the Arch Linux way to name shared libraries? On debian,
 >> "libphobos2.so" (libphobos2-dev) is a symlink to real
 >> "libphobos2.so.0.63.0" (libphobos2-63) shared library.
 >> "libphobos2.so.0.63" (libphobos2-63) SONAME symlink is created with
 >> the "ldconfig" command during the deb package (un)installation.
 >
 > On Arch currently there are only libphobos2.so (actualy binary) and
 > libphobos2.so.0.63 (automatically created during installation). I am
 > going to ask on IRC if any other symlinks are expected.

Usually the actual binary has the fully qualified version number, and
libphobos2.so would be included/created by the devel package.

This would allow someone to install multiple versions of the same lib
side by side if needed.

Also Archlinux usually doesn't have devel packages, the headers,
libraries and documentation are included in the regular package.

--
Mike Wey