Arch Linux D news digest

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Aug 26 13:41:39 PDT 2013

On Monday, 26 August 2013 at 19:45:45 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> I should've read this more carefully. Updated my system tonight
> and was missing the phobos imports, took a while to figure out
> why. For anyone else out there,
>
> TL;DR Install the lib{,g,l}phobos-devel, or one of dlang-dmd,
> dlang-gdc, dlang-ldc. Or just dlang for the lot.
>
> Atila

That is a long-standing issue. Unfortunately, initial package had
a harmful choice of `dmd` package having a hard dependency on
`libphobos` and changing expectations in that direction hard. I
was not able to think anything better as listing it in optdepends
and providing `dlang-dmd` group. And suggestions are appreciated.