Unit Threaded - a unit testing library for D

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 06:07:01 PDT 2013

My very first D project is now feature-complete as far as I can
see (alpha) and I'd like to share it with the community:

https://github.com/atilaneves/unit-threaded

There are more details on github but here are the highlights:

1. Automatic registration of unit tests via compile-time
reflection
2. Unit tests can be classes or functions, the latter for minimal
boilerplate
3. Support for D's unittest blocks
4. Runs in multiple threads by default, possible to run in one
thread
5. Manual selection of tests to run at the command-line (runs all
tests by default)

I've used it myself to test my other D projects (2 other for now)
to make sure it did what I wanted it to. I basically wrote this
for myself knowing what I'd want from a unit testing library, but
I'm sure it can be useful for the general D public.

Feedback is of course more than welcome!

Atila

P.S. I totally expect this to break for large real-world projects
in its current state. It can test some modules in phobos but had
problems with others, for instance. My own other D projects are
tiny and even if I had a large D codebase the tests I'd write
would reflect the biases that go into this library.