Unit Threaded - a unit testing library for D

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 08:42:19 PDT 2013

On 8/27/13, Tobias Pankrath <tobias at pankrath.net> wrote:
> If all tests pass, great. If one fails, it's hard to know why.

Quoting you but responding to OP:

There was a pull I made to make assert print out some more info on
failure, but it never passed the test-suite.

Pull:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1426

>      The only tool is assert, and you have to write your own
> assert messages (no assertEqual, assertNull, etc.)

Currently we have assertThrown/assertNotThrown, but assertEqual and
friends are easy to implement and we thought about including them.
However it needs more community support before it's included in Phobos
(i.e. more people need to want these).

I have some of these functions here:
https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/minilib/blob/master/src/minilib/core/test.d

>      No possibility to run just one particular test

E.g. test only one unittest block rather than the entire module at
once? I'd imagine this will be possible with the new getUnitTests
trait in 2.064.

>      Only runs in one thread.

getUnitTests should help here, although it's still based on
compile-time introspection just like your library. I guess if nothing
else, this trait will make your library implementation simpler. :)