DUB 0.9.21 beta 1

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Mon Dec 2 00:10:28 PST 2013

Am 02.12.2013 08:32, schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
> On 2013-11-30 21:48, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> Based on the bug reports so far, I've prepared a new beta release of
>> 0.9.21 for testing. Apart from fixes for the reported issues, it
>> contains a revamped command line interface with detailed help for each
>> command and also the new "dub test" command.
>>
>> http://code.dlang.org/download
>>
>> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/dub/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>>

> What exactly does "dub test" do? Is it like running "rdmd -main
> -unittest foo.d"?

It's similar. By default, for library projects, it generates a maim
module of the form
---
module test_main;
import <library_name.main_module>;
import std.stdio;
import core.runtime;

void main() { writeln("All unit tests were successful."); }
---
and runs it with build type "unittest".

It also supports setting a custom file containing main(), so that for
example custom unit test runners can be specified and similar things. In
this case, the generated file looks like this:
---
module test_main;
import <library_name.main_module>;
import <custom_main_module>;
---

For packages with only executable configurations it behaves the same as
"dub run --build=unittest".