LDC 0.12.1 has been released

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Tue Dec 3 08:35:55 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 09:00:25 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
> Nice. Any chance that the packages are able to have a similar
> layout to dmd?

It is easy to just rearrange the files to match DMD's directory
structure, you just have to update ldc2.conf accordingly.

However, as we don't ship one big archive for all possible
operating systems (including the source code) like DMD does, but
binary-only packages for each OS, I think adopting the DMD zip
directory structure would only be confusing. The current layout
is supposed to make it as easy as possible to just extract the
archive somewhere and immediately be able to use the compiler (I
use /opt/ldc… for keeping the different releases around, but you
could also extract the files to /usr/local directly).

But I believe what you were asking for is a layout to match the
DMD .deb packages? In this case, this would be a a job for the
person providing LDC Debian packages, which we – unfortunately –
currently don't have at all. Since LDC is Free Software in the
Debian sense, it should even be possible to include it in the
official repositories (again). There were a few discussions in
that direction, but I don't think anything concrete resulted from
that yet. Please contact us if you would be able to help with
this!

David