Fedora RPMs

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Thu Dec 5 03:46:36 PST 2013

On 11/19/2013 02:11 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I have just committed few changes to https://www.gitorious.org/dejan-
> fedora that allow you to build functional RPMs on your Fedora 19 systems.
> I will aim for now to support F19, F20, EL5 and EL6. If someone needs
> support for something else, please send patches or just simply come to IRC
> and let me know what is the problem. :)

Great, will you take the honour to submit this to Fedora?

> Few remarks - SPEC file expects source files to be on http://ddn.so/
> files/ . I hope our release manager, or so-called "build master" will
> make sure dlang.org provides source tarballs of dmd, phobos, druntime and
> tools the same or similar way I have them on http://ddn.so/files/ (btw,
> you can't browse it yet, but you can download files).
>
> I use the simple get-files.sh (located in the dmd directory in the dejan-
> fedora repo) to get those release tarballs from GitHub.
>
> Finally, I decided to be little bit adventurous and made the SPEC file
> generate dmd.conf with -defaultlib=libphobos2.so flag in DFLAGS.

It would be better to stick to the current dlang state.

> Following Fedora package guidelines, I provide static library in the
> libphobos-static package instead.

Splitting in different packages is needed to comply with RPM guidelines,
but it's a bad fit for a single binary installer on dlang.org.
I'm working on a spec file for the latter.
https://github.com/dawgfoto/installer/tree/fedoraSPEC