DUB 0.9.20

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 10:40:57 PST 2013

On Friday, 29 November 2013 at 17:02:22 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>  - Builds are now cached and only rebuilt when necessary for
> "dub build"
>    and "dub run".

Deleting the output binary and then immediately running `dub
build` again fails horribly here; it seems to think the binary is
up to date even though it doesn't even exist. (Windows/DMD/x86,
library target)

> In the works for the next version is, among other things, a
> "dub test"
> [2] command which executes unit tests (and possibly other kinds
> of tests
> later) using a custom main() function, especially useful for
> automated
> testing and testing of libraries without a main() function.

It has been said already in this thread, but for library targets
it must ignore the lack of a "main source file". It should go
without saying that libraries generally don't have such a thing.

---

Also, it would be nice if there was a way to output to a
different target name for debug vs release builds of a library.
It's quite common to have both live side-by-side, with the debug
builds differentiated by a suffix -d or similar.

---

I added a couple of my projects to the package repository[1][2].

[1] http://code.dlang.org/packages/dirk
[2] http://code.dlang.org/packages/diggler