Build Master: Progress toward 2.065

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Dec 9 07:51:46 PST 2013

On Monday, 9 December 2013 at 14:49:05 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> 	2) What is the process to update a branch with all changes
> master? I will need to do this because a lot of changes have
> occurred since the 2.065 branches were created but the actual
> betas are not yet prepared. Going forward, this is the only
> time this will occur.

If branch does not have own commits to be preserved and needs to
just be synced with master state (assuming D-Programming-Language
remote is named `upstream`):

    git fetch upstream # download current remote state
    git checkout 2.065 # go to release branch
    git reset --hard upstream/master # make it identical to
current master
    git push -f origin 2.065 # update own fork
    git push -f upstream 2.065 # update branch in core repos,
careful here!

I can't imagine any other case when one may want to update
release branch from master so it must the what you need.