Mobile App STACK4 with a D backend

extrawurst stephan at extrawurst.org
Sun Dec 22 10:54:58 PST 2013

On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 18:48:02 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Am 22.12.2013 14:38, schrieb extrawurst:
>> Hello fellow Dlers ;)
>>
>> about a week ago I released the multiplayer version of my
>> android app
>> STACK4
>> (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Extrawurst.FIR).
>>
>> The app itself is using the free unity3d engine (C#) for the
>> frontend
>> but, after quite a journey, the backend was developed using D
>> and the
>> awesome vibe.d framework.
>>
>> While I am preparing a pretty detailed article about why it
>> was a
>> journey to the point of using D and how using D worked out in
>> the end I
>> would ask everyone who has access to an android device to test
>> the app
>> and give me feedback about every kind of problem you may
>> encounter!
>> Cause apparently the ordanary android customer just downloads
>> and throws
>> a 1-star rating at you without telling you why the hell they
>> are
>> disappointed with it :(
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Stephan
>
> I've tested the Blackberry version. The only thing that stood
> out a bit
> was that the UI could be a bit larger.
>
> Otherwise, nice and fun little game! Congrats!

Thanks for testing! Unfortunately the Blackberry 10 Version with
multiplayer is not yet approved but if you would like to test the
version (for what i would be very thankfull) you can drop me an
email to stephan at extrawurst dot org and send me your
blackberry id mail address, this way i can add you to the sandbox
tester and you can download the version from the appworld store
right now ;)
That would be great!

Cheers,
Stephan