DQuick news

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 08:25:24 PST 2013

Le 29/12/2013 02:15, Xavier Bigand a écrit :
> Latest news of DQuick for this year.
>
> The good news is, the project still alive and Bruno added some
> interesting stuff to the DMLengine :
>   - Adding support of arrays
>   - Adding support of delegates
>   - Improve error reporting from Lua
>
> Our minesweeper sample works well but don't use arrays for the moment.
>
> About arrays, a signal is emitted for the entire array, not for each
> values. It completely different to the Qt choice use QAbstractListModel,
> this force the user to create a wrapper for properties on array or list.
> Our solution works without any wrapper, but we have to do some real
> tests to see if it's a valid solution.
>
> I hope 2014 will be the year when DQuick could be tested/used by some of
> you, but for that we need add some missing features, fix a lot of bugs
> and firstly works on the documentation (that is completely inexistent).

I think I forgot to thank publicly Piotr Podsiadły for his contributions
on a animations module and SDLImage replacement by devil.

He did a great job on images management by adding the notion of
loader/writers.

He also add an animation system, but it's not binded in Lua for the moment.

So thank you Piotr Podsiadły, maybe you can share some words about your
experience on DQuick?