DDOX search support and new 2.064.2 Phobos docs

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Sun Dec 29 14:20:45 PST 2013

Am 29.12.2013 22:53, schrieb Andrej Mitrovic:
> On 12/29/13, Sönke Ludwig <sludwig at outerproduct.org> wrote:
>> DDOX [1] has just gained support for a JavaScript based live search
>> function.
>> [2]: http://vibed.org/temp/dlang.org/library/index.html
>
> Nice! I have a few notes/suggestions:
>
> - The result bubble should likely hide when you select another part of
> the website (when you're not focused in on the search box). Otherwise
> you're forced to delete your query just to see what's hiding behind
> the result bubble (which can be very large).
>
> - Is it possible to add walking through the list via UP/DOWN arrow
> keys to select one of the URLs? I think this would be convenient to
> have. It already sort-of works, but first you have to click on the
> bubble with the mouse, and then you can use the Tab/Shift+Tab to walk
> through the list.
>
> - The search box should likely keep its value when you've clicked on a
> link to be redirected to a new URL from within the result bubble. I
> think it would at least be a convenient feature. But it's not a big
> deal, I can see the result is saved by the browser when I go to the

Created a little meta-issue:
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/issues/39

If anyone wants to get his/her hands dirty (which would be great), the
search code is at
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/blob/master/public/scripts/ddox.js#L22
resp. here when/if the pull request gets merged:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/blob/master/js/ddox.js