Higgs, a JavaScript JIT done in D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Feb 3 05:56:12 PST 2013

deadalnix:

>> The code seems to miss the usage of contracts, foreach loops
>> on numerical intervals, final switch, toString with sink,
>> text() function, enum for compile-time constants, most const
>> arguments, const on methods.
>>

> My experience tells me that this is probably a good idea if you
> don't want to run into weirdland.

Among those things I have listed, probably the only ones that
give a little of troubles are const on methods.

The author has used asserts at the beginning of methods, outside
a the pre-condition, this is silly. Not using foreach loops on
numerical intervals is a waste of fingers and increases the risk
of mistakes, final switches often help you, text() is shorter
than to!string(), const arguments are usually handy to avoid some
troubles and make function/method signatures more informative.

Bye,
bearophile