DConf13: Venue and Cost

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 10:09:10 PST 2013

wrote:

 >> I hope the cost will be something very close to free :) so that we
 >> attract more people.
 >
 > It should be at least as much as the registration fee used in
 > kickstarter ($375) so as not to piss off those who helped make it happen.

I had forgotten about that. I wish I could still drag a few colleagues
to at least some of the sessions.

Pycon 2013 is a competitor, being two months earlier. Some companies
will send their employees to check out the web solutions that are
written in Python. I think the same people should also go to DConf 2013
to check out D's offerings. (I hope vibe.d will be covered.)

Ali