"Programming in D" book is about 78% translated

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 11:36:31 PST 2013

Walter Bright wrote:

> On 1/31/2013 9:10 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> I have continued with the translation of the book. At this point there are
551
>> pages in English of total 711 pages in Turkish.
>>
>> In addition to many corrections and additions throughout the book, there are
the
>> following chapters translated:
>>
>> * Universal Function Call Syntax (UFCS)
>> * Properties
>> * Contract Programming for Structs and Classes
>> * alias
>> * alias this
>> * Pointers
>>
>> As a reminder, the book is available as PDF, downloadable from the header of
>> each chapter:
>>
>>    http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html
>>
>> No Kindle or Lulu versions yet.
>

> Looking forward to getting it finished. And a Kindle version is very
important!
> Amazon reaches a very wide audience.

I have yet to see a Kindle or ePUB scientific book that can be compared to the
paper one... I stopped buying scientific literature for Kindle... I buy only
novels. Often printed copies of books have columns on the side of the text that
provide very useful examples of whatever the current section is talking about.
These are never done properly in electronic books. If there is an example of
such, please let me know - I would like to see it.

Maybe it is only me and my taste... Idk...

--
Dejan Lekic
dejan.lekic (a) gmail.com