Higgs, a JavaScript JIT done in D

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:05:55 PST 2013

On Sunday, 3 February 2013 at 18:24:05 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> Welcome to reality Bearophile!!!
>
> In real projects people do the job as best as they can at the
> moment, and they probably, and with right, do not care what
> people who only theorise, criticise, and philosophise think!
> You write perfect code?! I doubt! And if you do, you will
> probably never finish any serious project in time!

That's besides the point. If people aren't using a feature of the
language (e.g. contracts or const) then perhaps it is a sign of
problems with those features, whether it be technical, or lack of
tutorial, or poor documentation etc. I don't know if it is, but I
find it interesting to observe how people use the language in
real code.