Dgame

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 09:12:31 PST 2013

On Monday, 4 February 2013 at 14:12:58 UTC, David wrote:
> Am 03.02.2013 23:49, schrieb Namespace:
>> I will pause the development / completion of Dgame and
>> generally my work
>> with D. If D should eventually solve the const& problem (and I
>> underline
>> the 'if'), that would be one reason to turn back.
>
> Wow, const& is your biggest concern? I could list way more
> important
> reasons to stop developing D than "const&" which can be easily
> worked
> around.

Yes, for me that's the biggest concern.
My fellow students and I used D for simulations and such things
(That's the main reason I started the creation of Dgame) and
that's why we often use structs instead of classes. But without
something similar as const&, structs are unhandy. So we went back
to C++ where we have what we need/want. And since C++11 it isn't
so much different than using D.
But I still hope, that D will solve the const& problem. It's
about time.