vibe.d 0.7.12 released

FG home at fgda.pl
Mon Feb 11 11:08:44 PST 2013

Great project -- a flagship example of D's real world application!

On 2013-02-11 19:11, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> same code as Python, translated to D. Of course, the solution that use vibe.d
> does not have Python's infamous GIL; instead, it comes with parallelism and
> concurrency out of the box. And you are aware of typos in your code even before
> running your program. ;)

Running worker processes can make the GIL problem a little less of a PITA, but
having the typos pointed out before running the app... is just priceless. :)

I'm struggling with the temptation to move a Python website to vibe.d.
What keeps me from doing that are Django templates. Not even because vibe's
templates have to be recompiled each time some small markup change is introduced
-- I got used to that with LaTeX ;) -- but because of Jade. It's way too far off
course from HTML for my tastes. I see no reason for inventing a completely new
format when all you need is templating.

So let me use this opportunity to ask you: is somebody working on other template
systems for vibe.d already or shall I get involved myself? I'm thinking about
something similar to this, syntax-wise: http://jinja.pocoo.org/