vibe.d 0.7.12 released

Aleksandar Ruzicic aleksandar at ruzicic.info
Mon Feb 11 11:40:27 PST 2013

On Monday, 11 February 2013 at 19:08:16 UTC, FG wrote:
> Great project -- a flagship example of D's real world
> application!
>
> On 2013-02-11 19:11, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> same code as Python, translated to D. Of course, the solution
>> that use vibe.d
>> does not have Python's infamous GIL; instead, it comes with
>> parallelism and
>> concurrency out of the box. And you are aware of typos in your
>> code even before
>> running your program. ;)
>
> Running worker processes can make the GIL problem a little less
> of a PITA, but having the typos pointed out before running the
> app... is just priceless. :)
>
> I'm struggling with the temptation to move a Python website to
> vibe.d.
> What keeps me from doing that are Django templates. Not even
> because vibe's templates have to be recompiled each time some
> small markup change is introduced -- I got used to that with
> LaTeX ;) -- but because of Jade. It's way too far off course
> from HTML for my tastes. I see no reason for inventing a
> completely new format when all you need is templating.
>
> So let me use this opportunity to ask you: is somebody working
> on other template systems for vibe.d already or shall I get
> involved myself? I'm thinking about something similar to this,
> syntax-wise: http://jinja.pocoo.org/

I'm working on porting Twig (http://twig.sensiolabs.org/) to D
(so I can use it with vibe.d) but I'm still far even from a
preview release.. I'm hoping to have more spare time in upcoming
months to implement at least small usable subset of Twig features.

I will post in this forum/NG once I have something to show..