D 2.062 release

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Feb 17 22:31:47 PST 2013

On 2/17/2013 10:18 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/17/2013 6:11 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Compare the earlier changelogs with the bugzilla entries.
>>
>> It's EXACTLY THE SAME TEXT.
>>
>> EXACTLY.
>>

> No it isn't.

Since I (and Jonathan) wrote the changelog, I can attest that I cut & pasted it
character for character out of the bugzilla titles, and received no comments or
complaints about it. I did it that way because people on the n.g. asked me to do
it that way.

> DO you really think that so many people would be so annoyed with the
> new format if there *weren't* real problems with it?

I was far more annoyed at the very inaccurate & incomplete changelogs caused by
it being edited by hand.

Obviously, the formatting of the changelog is important to several people. I
seriously invite you to issue pull requests for it - it's all here:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org