D 2.062 release

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Mon Feb 18 03:39:53 PST 2013

Am Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:05:10 +0100
schrieb Leandro Lucarella <luca at llucax.com.ar>:

> Steven Schveighoffer, el 17 de February a las 22:36 me escribiste:
> > >Also, anyone can go in and change the bugzilla issue titles to
> > >make them more readable.
> >
> > That actually is not a good thing...  Anyone can maliciously affect
> > the changlog, or alter the changelog at some later point because
> > they wanted to 'reopen' a bug.
>
> +1 Having a "dynamic changelog" is a no-no. Is going against one of
> the most basic properties of a changelog.

I think we need two things:

A "changelog". Should be automatically exported from bugzilla (but not
a link to bugzilla, the changelog shouldn't change after the release),
some projects even use the git commit log for this.

"Release notes" describing the most important changes in the release
as a concise, easy to read text.