D 2.062 release

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 06:46:10 PST 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 01:31:47 -0500, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 2/17/2013 10:18 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2/17/2013 6:11 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> Compare the earlier changelogs with the bugzilla entries.
>>>
>>> It's EXACTLY THE SAME TEXT.
>>>
>>> EXACTLY.
>>>

>> No it isn't.
>
> Since I (and Jonathan) wrote the changelog, I can attest that I cut &
> pasted it character for character out of the bugzilla titles, and
> received no comments or complaints about it. I did it that way because
> people on the n.g. asked me to do it that way.

This statement is provably false.

See here:

http://dlang.org/changelog.html#new2_057

First element in the changelog is:

Better use of XMM registers in 64 bit targets.

Searching in bugzilla I get:

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc=Better%20use%20of%20XMM&short_desc_type=substring

"Zero issues found"

This text cannot have been copy and pasted out of bugzilla.

These 'changelog-like' messages are what I miss.  For a list of bugs
fixed, sure, just give me a report, I don't care (better if the report is
extracted into the changelog instead of a query into a live database).
But I want the "new/changed features" list back.

-Steve