A Mathematician looks at D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Feb 18 17:36:30 PST 2013

Joshua Niehus:

> I'll take your word for it, in my narrow experience, I've found
> REPLs slow me down.

Thankfully in most cases you are not forced to use it. I have met
several persons that don't like to use a REPL, for unknown
reasons. Different persons have a brain shaped in different ways.

And for some kind of problems it's not so good. So it's not for
everyone everytime.

But from the presence of a REPL in many languages (Python, Ruby,
C, Haskell, Scala, Lisp-like languages, and so on) and in most
mathematics systems, clearly it's appreciated by some others.

Bye,
bearophile