D 2.062 release

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 22:25:11 PST 2013

Personally, I just wish there was a quick blurb at the top of the
changelog indicating the highlights of this release. For example,
with 2.058, the very first two lines of the changelog were:
"Add new => lambda syntax."
"Allow 1.userproperty syntax. NOTE: 1.f is no longer a float
literal, add a 0."

You can look at that and decide "Awesome, new lambda syntax and
UFCS!". You get a quick 10-20 lines indicating what you need to
know about that release, what's interesting about it, and what
the new features or most important bug fixes were. For the people
who care, you can then see bug fixes / larger list of changes at
the bottom (I personally don't have a preference as to whether
they'd be on the same page or just a bugzilla link). However the
really important thing is the quick blurb at the top.

For example, with this release, something about how 'in ref' is
now supported, how you can document unittests and have them
appear with the documentation of the above symbol, improved JSON
output, and unittests being allowed in interfaces. This is just a
quick 10 line overview of some of the highlights of this release.
Not necessarily just new features either. For example, if example
bug#314 was fixed, there is absolutely no way I would know about
it given that it's buried in the list of bug fixes, even though
it has affected almost every single D user at one point and would
definitely be considered a highlight.