D 2.062 release

Zach the Mystic reachBUTMINUSTHISzach at gOOGLYmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:57:48 PST 2013

On Monday, 18 February 2013 at 01:31:47 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> But I just want to throw in my 2 cents about the new changelog
> format. It's impossible now to tell at a glance what the major
> changes/fixes are. Clicking through four links to find them is
> bad enough, but the layout and color scheme of the Bugzilla
> search results makes it even more time consuming. I know it's
> easier from a maintenance perspective, but I've lost the
> motivation to even look at the changelog now. And it's
> something I really used to look forward to with each release.

I guess I have two cents as well. Might as well throw them in!

Each developer who works on bugs and enhancements for a given
release can keep a private journal, some small text file
somewhere. It only needs to note what that developer considers a
highlight, something worth mentioning in a release notes format.
When release time approaches, the manager solicits their notes
from them, gives the whole thing a quick edit to avoid repeats,
and you have your release notes. Now the release manager isn't
responsible for remembering everything, just assembling it.

The things which are the most interesting will probably be on
their developers' minds anyway, so it's probably not too much
punishment to ask them for their notes.