Mono-D v0.5.1.2 - Completion/Parameter insight improvements

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Mon Feb 25 06:40:36 PST 2013

On Monday, 25 February 2013 at 08:22:04 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Looking good! But funny to see how Xamarin now also thinks that
> iTunes
> is a good role model for an IDE :D But well, it works and looks
> clean
> here, I just found it funny when XCode did the same thing back
> then.

Well, I like the new design - mainly because the entire tool bar
trash disappeared and the editor/completion stuff has been
improved a lot :)

> I now get an error from dmd that a filename or extension is too
> long (I
> *think* it worked with MD 3.5 and the previous Mono-D). Passing
> the same
> command line that is printed in the build output window as a
> @responsefile to dmd works, but putting it directly as a
> command line is
> too long for cmd.exe to handle. I couldn't get the original
> error
> message to reproduce, though. I'll file a bug report later,
> need to make
> a repo case.
>
> Original error message: Erstellen fehlgeschlagen. Der Dateiname
> oder die
> Erweiterung ist zu lang

I had this error too - but not in Mono-D/Xamarin Studio, just
when actually trying to build my relatively small & self-built
framework via console.. currently dunno how to handle this