D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Jordi Sayol g.sayol at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 2 11:31:14 PST 2013

Al 02/01/13 19:51, En/na Walter Bright ha escrit:
> On 1/2/2013 10:17 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
>> On Wed, 2013-01-02 at 10:07 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
>> […]
>>> Yeah, really. sudo apt-get ruby fails on Ubuntu 10.10.
>>
>> Any and all apt-related commands are likely to fail for that version of
>> Ubuntu, it is no longer supported.  Definitely need to stick with LTS
>> version of Ubuntu or keep up to date, should be on 12.10 by now.
>
> I've been avoiding upgrading Ubuntu, because the last time I did that the installer trashed everything. Lost a day on that one.
>
> P.S. The Mac is the only machine I've ever been able to upgrade the operating system on that worked without trashing everything and forcing a reinstall from scratch.

Walter, to avoid this problem you can install a "rolling" release like Linux Mint Debian Edition, based on Debian testing.
You just need to keep it upgraded with "mintUpdate" manager (shield on panel). Read the "Update pack info" before.

This month is scheduled to be a new LMDE DVD ISO release.

Regards,
--
Jordi Sayol